About the residences
Do the condos come furnished?
No, units are not furnished, which means you can equip your apartment as you please. However, the property comes with a shower/bath and toilet, installation for a stove and dryer, and a storage unit, which are included in the price. The latter is located in the corridor of each floor.
Can I buy furniture on the Island?
Yes, you can buy beautiful and luxurious furniture for your property in Aruba. On the island, you will find specialized stores, such as Eq3 and S. Ford Furnishings, which are the best option, as import duties can be up to 22% in Aruba.
Would you help me if I want to make some changes to the property?
Yes, we can help you with this requirement. We are willing to change the original finishings if you can provide the raw materials before the originals are installed. You, as an owner, will be responsible for any additional costs. Also, if you request, we won’t install our finishings, but we will deliver clean work.
Please keep in mind that discounts might not be applied if the original materials were already bought and delivered to the site.
Can you help me if I want to redecorate the property?
No, we won’t be able to help you directly redecorate the property as we don’t have an in-house decorator. However, we can provide you with a contact list of renowned designers on the island. Please remember that we are not responsible for the work done by any of these designers.
Is it possible to grill inside the property?
Yes! Grilling is allowed in your units’ balcony.
Do you have storage space?
Yes, every apartment has a 3×5 ft storage unit.
Do you offer housekeeping services?
Yes, we offer two different types of housekeeping services. The first is for owners that use their apartment and request the service at an additional charge. The second is for units that are in the Rental Program. In this case, the cleaning costs are included in the visitor’s payment.
How is the neighborhood?
Azure Beach Residences is located along Eagle Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and within walking distance of malls, markets, restaurants, nightclubs, and all the vibrant life of Aruba.
Is there a place to buy groceries nearby?
Yes, you will find stores and supermarkets within walking distance of Azure Beach Residences. Two good options are Superfood and Ling and Sons. Superfood opens from Monday to Saturday 8 am – 8 pm, and Sundays 9 am – 6 pm. Ling and Sons opens from Monday to Saturday 8 am – 9 pm, and Sundays 9 am – 6 pm.
Can you get groceries for me?
No, Azure Beach Residences does not provide a personal shopping service. Nevertheless, you can find supermarkets and stores nearby to buy everything you need without spending too much excess time.
Is Eagle Beach private?
No, the beaches in Aruba are public. Fortunately, Eagle Beach is a quiet beach in comparison with some of the other famous beaches in Aruba. Eagle Beach was recently awarded as one of the best beaches in the world. At Eagle Beach, you can enjoy amazing sunsets and adventure watersports, as well as relaxing meditation or family time.
Are there shaded areas on the beach? What about shaded areas at the pools?
You can enjoy shaded options at the pools or the beach by contacting our concierge service.
Can I get beach chairs?
Yes, you can get chairs for the beach at Azure Beach Residences by requesting them from our concierge.
How much on average are utility bills per month?
The utility bills are about USD 350 to USD 500 a month for a 2-bedroom apartment. These bills include energy, water, and cable TV.
How much are the closing costs?
The closing costs are estimated to be about 7% and 8% of the purchase price: about 6% of the transfer amount and 1% – 2% in notary fees.
What about property taxes?
Property tax is 0.4% of the value of the property (after applying a fixed deductible) per year. Closing fees include the first payment. Azure Beach Residences pays the months before the closing, and owners must cover the amount of the following months.
What are the HOA fees? How are they paid?
The HOA (Homeowner Association) fees are a monthly payment that covers the cost of the nternet, the leasing fee, trash disposal, septic tank, and external property insurance. The first payment of the HOA fees will be for the first three months to generate operating funds. Air conditioner maintenance could also be included in the HOA fees at an additional charge.
What happens if I enter into a contract and then decide not to buy?
Once you sign the sales agreement and decide not to buy, you will be charged with a penalty of 50% of the property value.
About financing and rental program
Are there financial options on the island?
Yes, several banks offer mortgages for non-residents, such is the case of Aruba Bank (requirements platinum mortgage), Banco di Caribe (contact personal banking, requirements mortgages), and Royal Bank (requirements mortgages).
How much can I borrow from the bank based on my income?
Amounts may differ slightly between banks. However, you can get an estimate with the payment calculator tool from the banks mentioned above.
How does the Rental Program work?
The Rental Program allows you, as the owner, to rent your unit and earn extra income when you are not using the property. Also, you can rest assured that your apartment will be taken care of and managed by an in-house rental department.
How much money can I make with the Rental Program?
If you decide to include your property in the Rental Program, you could make an estimated 6% of return on investment (ROI) every single year, depending on the type of unit you have and occupancy during the year.
What if my property is on the Rental Program and I want to use it?
You can use your property anytime you want to as long as it has not been reserved previously. Keep in mind that you are responsible for the maintenance and cleaning fees while you are not using your unit.
What are the Aruba entry requirements?
Upon your arrival in Aruba you must have:
- A passport valid upon entry and for the duration of your stay in Aruba.
- A completely filled-in and signed Embarkation and Disembarkation card (ED-card).
- A valid Return or Onward Ticket.
- The necessary documents for returning to your country of origin or to a country where you have the right to enter, for example, a valid residence permit (temporary or permanent), and a re-entry permit or a visa.
- If so requested, you have to be able to prove to the satisfaction of the migration officer that you have a valid reservation for an accommodation in Aruba (e.g., hotel or apartment) or that you own property in Aruba (a residence, condominium, apartment, timeshare apartment, or a pleasure yacht moored in Aruba with a length of at least 14 meters (46 feet) measured at the nominal water line).
- If so requested, you must be able to prove to the satisfaction of the migration officer to dispose of adequate financial means to providence for hotel expenses (if applicable) and living expenses during your stay, or that you have a declaration of legal guarantee from a resident of Aruba.
How long can I stay as a tourist in Aruba?
The maximum period that you can be admitted to Aruba as a tourist is 30 days. The total amount of days that you can stay in Aruba as a tourist cannot exceed 180 days per year.
In case you need to stay longer than 30 days, you have to present the following documents:
- Original application form for extension of your stay.
- Copy of the profile page and all the written and stamped pages of your passport, valid for at least another three months when the extension is applied for.
- If applicable, a copy of your visa to enter Aruba.
- Copy of Embarkation-Disembarkation card (ED-card).
- Copy of valid return ticket.
- Copy of travel insurance (medical and liability), valid for the duration of your extended stay.
- If you are not staying at your own private residence or at a hotel/resort, you will need a resident of Aruba to act as a guarantor for your stay
If you want to stay longer than 180 days in Aruba, you will need a residence permit and you will not be considered a tourist.
What are the requirements for a residence permit?
When requesting a residence permit without a working permit, you must submit:
- Bank references indicating that you are financially self-supporting or any other proof that you will not become a financial burden to the local government or community.
- Your home and business address for the last ten years.
- The reasons for wanting to reside in Aruba.
- Police-clearance (good conduct-paper, not older than two months)
If you desire a permanent residence permit, you must have:
- A passport valid for Aruba.
- Three passport photographs of true likeness.
- A valid vaccination certificate for smallpox, not more than three years old.
- A medical declaration that you are not suffering from any contagious disease or mental illness, issued within 30 days before the trip started.
- Proof of payment of the required legal fee.
About other information
Do I need to purchase property insurance?
No, there is no need to purchase property insurance. Azure Beach Residences has fire insurance to protect your unit at all times.
How can I get insurance for the movables on my property?
You can rely on any of the insurance companies that work on the island to protect your movables. Also, Azure Beach Residences can refer you to Boogaard, the insurance company that is backing our project.
Can you provide air transportation?
No, Azure Beach Residences does not provide air transportation services and does not have a private helipad. However, you can use the facilities of the Queen Beatrix International Airport that is just 30 minutes away from the complex.